Thursday, August 2, 2012

Artist Statement

To describe my work through words seems quite ridiculous to me. I have never been a fan explaining what I like to do and why I like to do it. Yes, if I wanted to I could give 500+ nouns, verbs, and adjectives about why I love doing what I do, but you could never get the full gist of it. I could write for hours and hours about what I've done, what my style is, and what I hope you grasp from it, but I don't want to do that.

Art isn't about what can be written or typed, it isn't about proving through repetitive and redundant sentences about what you can do. It is about your passion for what you do, how you feel when you create these images, whether it's what you can produce through the lens or what you can paint on the canvas. Art involves defining your techniques work, not explanations.

I hope that through my work I am able to move you. For you to realize "Hey! She's got something going for her with this." instead of searching for a summary of how I want you to feel. My imagery will be the books, they will express the visual stories of my creativity. So therefore this is my written message for you as I promise to move and inspire you by means of my imagery.

No comments:

Post a Comment